Administrative & Operational Support Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance & Grant Administration
Application Deadline: June 14, 2021
The Administrative & Operational Support Specialist provides clerical support to senior management and other staff associates. In addition, this position will manage the retail store and track inventory at the Laurel Highlands Visitors Center, located at 113 E. Main Street, Ligonier PA 15658. This employee will provide courteous service and general information to visitors and potential visitors.
Essential Job Functions:
As related to office assistant:
- Acts as primary contact for calls coming into the administrative office, including taking messages, giving visitor information and transferring calls in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Maintains and updates visitor inquiry information from website, advertising leads, consumer show leads, phone calls, mail or E-mail in the CRM.
- Prepares mailings, mails or e-mails correspondence and specific collateral that includes, but not limited to, destination guides, pour tour, letters, brochures or other printed information as required in response to visitor or potential visitor inquiries.
- Performs all functions related to processing of incoming/outgoing mail, including afternoon delivery to the post office for late outgoing mail/parcels.
- Provides general administrative support to bureau staff and management as needed, including support such as filing, photocopying, and a assisting with orientation, large mailings, travel and trade shows and tasks assigned by the Executive Director.
- Provides general support to bureau staff for in-house events. Tasks include generating labels, name tags mailings leading up to/following the event. Also maintains rsvp lists and any other duties as assigned by staff.
- Communicates monthly with department heads to assess monthly support needs.
- Maintains inventory of all office supplies and orders when needed.
- Maintains inventory of logoed letterhead, envelopes, and thank you notes and coordinates with Senior Director of Marketing when a reorder is necessary.
As related to office finance:
- Prepares bank deposit and records each item on spreadsheet, takes deposits to bank.
- Enters all invoices and payments in CRM for events and marketing opportunities.
- Monthly reconcile CRM marketing opportunities and events to the accounting spreadsheet.
- Maintains petty cash, distributes and reconciles as needed.
- Provides support for annual financial audit.
- Provide support and update asset inventory spreadsheet.
- Provides clerical support for the county tourism grant programs including, but not limited to, verifying grant applications, enter all grant applications, grant awards and notes in CRM. Run reports prior to beginning of grant cycle, distribute or mail grant paperwork as requested, and other miscellaneous duties.
- Coordinates details for the grant ceremonies.
- Works with and presents during any educational grant workshops.
As related to LHVB Visitor Center:
- Greet visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
- Be able to answer questions regarding Laurel Highland region.
- Possess knowledge of major attractions within the region.
- Provide directions for places to eat, stay, camp, and be able to share insight into experiences for certain lengths of time if a visitor is looking for ‘something to do’.
- Maintain regional information, including but not limited to, LHVB guides, local brochures, and menus for the Ligonier area.
- Provide a monthly report of visitor numbers to the Office Manager & Tourism Grant Assistant the first week of the following month.
- Maintain all retail inventory.
- Assist in the set up and take down of seasonal/monthly transformations of the front window.
- Be able to navigate the region and provide an ease of information for a visitor to get from point A to point B.
- Keep abreast of attraction hours (seasonal and off-season). Be aware of evening entertainment opportunities, concerts, and performances at major venues within the county.
- Maintain a clean visitor space including daily dusting, sweeping, window cleaning and upkeep and replenishment of retail offerings.
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Daily opening and/or closing retail store including credit card and cash management and fulfillment of on-line sales.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business and 2 years office experience.
- Strong verbal, written skills and accuracy is critical.
- Ability to operate a PC and/or laptop. Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and accounting procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Attention to detail and time management is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work cooperatively with team partners, stakeholders and with a highly functioning fast paced creative team of professionals.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects.
- Ability to operate office equipment including (but not limited to) photocopy machine, multi-line telephone, postage machine, calculator, cash register and point of sale system.
- Overall knowledge of Laurel Highlands region (to respond to visitor inquiries), tourism facilities and attractions.
- Knowledge of the region’s State and National Parks is also required.
- Retail and inventory management a plus.
- Knowledge of the region’s travel and tourism industry.
- Basic knowledge of database management programs.
Physical requirements/Work conditions:
- Ability to sit for moderate periods at desk/computer throughout the day.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds, bending, stooping and walking up and down stairs is required.
- Ability to work occasional extended hours and weekends.
- Travel could be required (maximum 20%).
- Ability to use a dolly.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Legally registered and insured vehicle; an annual driver record report may be required.
This job description identifies the major responsibilities and functions of this position. It is not, and is not intended to be, a complete listing of all tasks assigned to this job. Duties can be modified or additional duties can be assigned by a supervisor for the overall benefit of the Laurel Highland’s Visitors Bureau.