A 2-Day, 2-Night Trip
'Tis the season for handmade goodies to keep or to share with loved ones near and far! Follow along on this holiday tour highlighting creative stops, sounds of the season, local shoppes, historic venues and town so charming Rockwell would be inspired.
- Begin your creative and cheery tour with a visit to the Westmoreland Museum of American Art. Your group will get hands-on with an activity of choice accompanied by a live performance by the Westmoreland Symphony Orchestra.
- Relax and indulge during an afternoon in the quaint town of Ligonier. Featuring more than 60 specialty shoppes and restaurants, this walkable stop is perfect for exploring before paying a visit to the Toast to the Trees Festival at Town Hall.
- Bid, shop and take home inspiration for your own holiday projects at the Toast to the Trees Festival hosted by the Ligonier Valley Historical Society.
- Enjoy dinner, wine tasting and take your own turn at winemaking at one of the newest and most popular wineries in the Laurel Highlands, Bella Terra Vineyards.
- Become the maker at Touchstone Center for Crafts, a renowned facility with deep roots in preserving traditional arts. Today, more modern techniques are celebrated and shared with visitors. Spend your visit enjoying exhibitions, an artisan open house and the opportunity to get hands-on with a mini-workshop of your choice. Don't miss a tasty lunch straight from the wood-fired oven!
- Wrap up your day out in the Laurel Highlands with a chauffeured Art Adventures and Town Tours by JESI Entertainment. Stops include Mount Saint Macrina for a tour of the sacred space topped with cookie sampling, Neubauer's Flowers and Market House for shopping, the shistoric State Theatre Center for the Arts for a matinee show and a local favorite housed in a gorgeous original train station, Caporella's Italian Ristorante, for dinner.