A 3-Day, 2-Night Trip
Welcome to Made in the Laurel Highlands, an immersive and fun tour that features food, libations, sweet treats, family favorites and much more! After all, it's not just memories that are made in the Laurel Highlands. Pack your bags and bring your group on this tour packed with fun facts and fascinating bits of history.
- Your favorite "two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun" monster of a sandwich was born in Uniontown, PA. Today, the Big Mac stands tall (15-feet tall to be exact) along the Lincoln Highway in the Big Mac Museum Restaurant.
- Take a sip of traditional honey wine, known as "mead," at the Laurel Highlands Meadery. Perfect for any "localist," this shop focuses on all things local, showcasing regional talent and resources.
- Enjoy a stop at West Overton Village and Museum, where you'll learn about the history of coal and coke and the art of whiskey distilling! After your hands-on tour, enjoy a tasty lunch on-site with Carson's Catering.
- All that glitters is in Mount Pleasant! Visit O'Rourke Crystal Awards and Gifts and meet with the owner and Master Glass Cutter Peter O'Rourke. He'll share about the fine art of glass cutting and his amazing career, which includes creating the inaugural bowl for every President since Ronald Reagan. After this captivating stop, enjoy shopping on your own at the Lenox Factory Outlet, located next door.
- After a busy day of learning and exploring, enjoy a beautiful meal among rhododendron groves and a trickling creek at Nino's Restaurant.
- If you don't come inspired, you'll be sure to leave inspired. Tour the famed Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater, noted as "One of the Top 50 Places to See in Your Lifetime."
- Get hands-on with a workshop at Touchstone Center for Crafts, where you'll dabble in pottery, blacksmithing, drawing, painting or glassblowing.
- Enjoy a farm-to-table lunch at Shepherd's Farm Restaurant, which specializes in lamb dishes.
- Get the scoop on your progressive lunch with a stop at Rockwood Mill Shoppes and Opera House, with a scoop of "Rockwood-flavored" ice cream!
- Rise and shine to a shopping stop at the Ligonier Country Market, one of the region's top farmers' and makers' markets!
- Stop at the Sirofchuck Studios Furniture Gallery for a glimpse into the fine art of furniture making.
- Make a stop at Ramada Ligonier for a Banana Split Social and lunch of choice. That's right, even the banana split was created right here in the Laurel Highlands!
- We bid you farewell with a stop at Gene and Boots Candies, a sweet store that dates back to 1930.