A 2-Day, 1-Night Trip
Mountains of fun await on this tasty, historical and educational tour! Sip and sample your way through the Laurel Highlands while learning about the local maple industry and the legacy of moonshiners.
- Take in the fascinating stories of travel at the Compass Inn Museum, where groups can immerse themselves in the lore of 19th century travel and trade. Don't miss a sampling at the authentic stagecoach stop tavern.
- Kick back and enjoy the picturesque landscape as your group samples tasty treats and learns about local maple syrup at the stunning mountain escape that is Oak Lodge.
- Enjoy a smorgasbord-style lunch at Oakhurst Grille and Event Center, a once safe haven for whiskey lovers during Prohibition.
- Breathe in the fresh mountain air and take in the serene sights with a drive through Laurel Hill State Park. At Scenic View, you'll enjoy a fun and informative presentation on local moonshiners.
- Tour West Overton Village and Museum for a genuinely immersive experience that explains the distilling process from seed to sip.
- Gently nestled along a mountain stream, Nino's Restaurant is the perfect group dinner escape.
- Explore the local stories of agriculture and homesteading at the Somerset Historical Center.
- Shine on with moonshine tasting and shopping at Tall Pines Distillery.
- Enjoy lunch in a peaceful setting at the Lodge at Indian Lake.
- Taste the legacy of maple with demonstrations, a hayride, tasting and shopping at Brantview Farms Maple.