A 3-Day, 2-Night Trip
One scoop or two? What pairs better with fun travel plans than everyone's favorite tasty treat- ice cream! Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands is home of the banana split and also boasts as many fantastic ice cream parlors and unique flavors as there are wonderful attractions to visit throughout the region. Plan your fun group getaway today and enjoy all of the scoops and sprinkles that your heart desires!
- Enjoy a banana split reception at the Latrobe Art Center! Learn all about the history of this classic dessert while enjoying local art and creative activities!
- The perfect stop for kids at heart, Idlewild & SoakZone has been named "Best Kids' Park in the World" by Amusement Today for years! Enjoy vintage rides, including an antique carousel, and delicious goods all in a natural setting.
- Shop 'til you drop at more than 60 specialty shops in Ligonier. Take some time for lunch and, you guessed it, a scoop of ice cream at the Ligonier Creamery!
- Step out on the wild side with a visit to Living Treasures Wild Animal Park. Feed the animals and enjoy learning through unique and immersive interactions at this fun park!
- Slow down or ramp it up at Seven Springs Mountain Resort with activities of your choice, including pampering at Trillium Spa, zip lining, the Alpine Slide, horseback riding and more.
- Take a zip around the speedway and enjoy learning about the fascinating sport of stock car racing at Jennerstown Speedway.
- Stay on trend with a treat at Molly's Ice Cream and kick back and relax with a game of mini golf at Jake's Mini Golf!
- Entertainment, a delicious lunch and more ice cream await at the Rockwood Mill Shoppes & Opera House.
- Named the best state park in Pennsylvania in 2019, Laurel Hill State Park is a scenic wonder offering a variety of activities and ways to take in the great outdoors.
- Check in at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and plan out your activities of choice, from art tours to adrenaline-packed adventures or try your luck onsite at Lady Luck Casino.
- Tour one of four architectural wonders in the area at Frank Lloyd Wright's Kentuck Knob, which boasts fabulous views, impressive art collections and Hagan Ice Cream served in the beautifully-stocked gift shop!
- Marvel at the rush of water along the Youghiogheny River at Ohiopyle State Park. Visit the Laurel Highlands Falls Area Visitor Center and explore the heritage and natural wonders of the region.
- Before you depart, stop for a homestyle lunch at Falls Market Restaurant & General Store and wash it down with a scoop or two before you hit the road.