A 3-Day, 2 Night Trip
Take in the relaxation and wonder of garden settings while sipping wine, enjoying local entertainment, charming small towns and a world class resort, all while cruising along scenic byways as you make your way through the beautiful Laurel Highlands.
- Explore the history and beauty of legacy gardens at West Overton Village Museum, a partially restored industrial village, museum and homestead. Be sure to sip whiskey at the new distillery!
- Kick back and sample the fruit of the vine at Greendance - The Winery at Sand Hill. This winery offers a stunning countryside setting, live music, wonderful shopping and sweet treats fresh from the bakery.
- Charming towns lining historic highways and scenic byways are the essence of the region. Plan a stop in Ligonier for lunch and shopping at more than 70 specialty shops and restaurants.
- Slow down and explore the beautiful gardens, sculptures and art that captures the culture of mountain living at the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley.
- Old General Store in Donegal has something for everyone! Shop and reminisce at this nostalgic stop.
- Enjoy dinner and drinks nestled among mountain streams and lush rhododendron at Nino's Restaurant.
- If you have been inspired by the gardens of yesterday's visit, then this stop is perfect for picking up goods to take home with you. Enjoy shopping and inspiration at Baker's Home & Garden Center.
- Next up, a visit to Rockwood Mill Shoppes and Opera House! This stop includes shopping, live entertainment and a delicious lunch.
- Take in the essence of the countryside at the historic King's covered bridge. This is a perfect photo opportunity and a great stop for any group!
- There is always time for a sample at Vin de Matrix Winery, a fun and laid-back winery with an outstanding tasting room and amazing hospitality.
- Enjoy dinner in one of the most unique dining settings around. Green Gables Restaurant offers top notch wine tasting options and an eclectic atmosphere with views of a serene lake.
- Let your creative juices flow at Touchstone Center for Crafts. Create a garden stepping stone to take home and plant in your own space.
- Prepare to be in awe of the design and story of Kentuck Knob, an incredible Frank Lloyd Wright architectural piece. The house is a true gem with surprises around every corner.
- Enjoy lunch and an art tour at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, a Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resort.