Discover the history of the Civil War at an encampment and battle reenactment hosted at Historic Hanna’s Town.
- battle reenactments and artillery demonstrations
- officer and soldier encampments, including Invalid Corps
- up-close looks at Civil War cannons
- working telegraph and signal flags
- Civil War post office
- displays on the Sons of Union Veterans and Grand Army of the Republic
- meet leader of Union forces at Gettysburg, General George Meade
- presentation on the Zouave Light Infantry
- music performed throughout the day by cigar box fiddle player
- Music of the Civil War concert by 46th Pennsylvania Company Band (Saturday evening only)
Event includes admission to Penn’s Woods: Plenty for the Use of Man, new exhibit at the Westmoreland History Education Center.
The event will run 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.